Bushnell Park Playground
After two years of planning and fundraising, work has begun on the new playground! The Department of Public Works is finishing up additional demolition and then the site will be prepped for the new equipment. We will update this site with progress reports and as we get closer, a date for the grand opening!
The new playground will be installed by Creative Recreation and includes:
- Two play structures – one for children ages 2-4 and one for children 5-12 years old.
- A rope climbing structure, and a two rocking horses.
- A new, more resilient play surface.
- A unique design that reflects iconic features of Hartford and the State of Connecticut, including the State Capitol dome and the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch.
- Full accessibility to accommodate the needs of children with physical and developmental disabilities.