Bushnell Park Playground
The original playground in Bushnell Park, built in 1999, was removed by the City of Hartford in the spring of 2016 due to safety concerns. The playground space is located adjacent to the carousel, which was recently renovated and attracts thousands of children and families each year.
With a successful history of raising funds for capital improvements in Bushnell Park, the BPF is partnering with the City of Hartford to raise funds for the installation of a new, one-of-a-kind playground. The new playground, which was designed and will be installed by Creative Recreation, includes:
- Two play structures – one for children ages 2-4 and one for children 5-12 years old.
- Additional elements including musical instruments, a swing, a rope climbing structure, and a spinning feature.
- A new, more resilient play surface.
- A unique design that reflects iconic features of Hartford and the State of Connecticut, including the State Capitol dome, Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch and a map of the State.
- Full accessibility to accommodate the needs of children with physical and developmental disabilities.
BPF’s goal is to begin construction of the new playground this spring. Please help us reach our fundraising goal by making a donation today.